Ryan Mills is the careers lead at Options Higford.
We support students’ careers development through:
- Embedding career development throughout the Learning for Life curriculum offer.
- Information Advice & Guidance Overview
- Learner and staff information (posters).
- Links to external Information Advice & Guidance providers Learner Voice Parent/Carer survey.
- An in-house Level 7 Careers Leader.
- Provide more opportunities internally / externally for learners to experience realistic work experiences.
- Where appropriate, delivering discrete sessions exploring key IAG aspects – Getting Myself Ready for Work (basic workplace Health and Safety) and Exploring the World of Work Offering Level 6 Career advice workshops through the Learning for Life curriculum Exploring real life work experience environments to enhance the development of individual resilience and self-confidence.
- Offering Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities for key staff.
- Using feedback from parents/carers and learners to support the annual review of the careers offer.